Finding a good brunch is not easy. In a world of fast food and franchises, sometimes you want homemade and hospitable. So where do Johnson County families go for the best brunch around? Here are five great points, as ranked on Yelp!:
- Foody’s, foodyskc.com: This family-owned restaurant in Olathe offers American diner-style food and an ever-evolving menu. Foody’s owners say they strive to provide an inviting, casual, comfortable, good-tasting experience. That experience includes interesting décor, described as “industrial with a flair for art.” Foody’s periodically displays the artwork of local artists. Most customers just come for the food, however, and especially the scrumptious slice of homemade banana bread that Foody’s serves in place of toast. Johnson County families that visit Foody’s before July 31 can take advantage of the 2-for-1 weekday breakfast entrée special.
- The Wooden Spoon, facebook.com/thewoodenspoonKS: Established in 2009 as a catering company, this family-owned restaurant in Overland Park serves breakfast, lunch and coffee. The Wooden Spoon’s customers rave about the hash brown casserole, and how about giving your taste buds a treat with the caramel macchiato pancakes or the lemon ricotta pancakes? Yum!
- Ginger Sue’s, gingersues.com: Ginger Sue’s opened in 2007 in Liberty, Mo., by a husband and wife team and expanded to the location in Olathe. Here Johnson County families will find breakfast and lunch in a quaint and casual atmosphere. The creative menu offers pancakes, omelettes and other breakfast specialties, including the Aloha Awakea Omelette, banana pancakes with peanut butter and salmon benedict.
- Ronnie’s Restaurant, kateskitchenkc.com: The family’s Lenexa location is named after the owners’ son, Ronnie, and the Northland location is named after their daughter, Kate. Both restaurants serve batches of fluffy, homemade pancakes, and the menu has something for everyone: from breakfast burritos to omelets, pancakes and homemade cinnamon rolls. A few of the standouts include caramel nut French toast and a smoked brisket omelet.
- Kansas Coffee Café, facebook.com/pg/kscoffeecafe/about/?ref=page_internal: Located in downtown Olathe, the Kansas Coffee Café is famous for its breakfast sandwich called “The Rooster” (2 eggs, cheddar and bacon on a toasted croissant), or you can try their B.E.L.T. (bacon, egg, lettuce and tomato) sandwich. This cozy coffee shop and espresso bar serves Honey Bear Latte, Japanese teas and kombucha, and don’t forget the delicious homemade pastries.
The next time you’re in search of a good brunch, keep these Johnson County restaurants in mind. Our team loves brunch, so we might see you there! We are Team Real Estate, your local team of real estate professionals and the No. 1 real estate team in Kansas. Whether you want to buy or sell your home, we’re just a call away, 913.451.5711. Or visit us at www.teamre.com.