THE INDEXKC- KANSAS CITY MISSOURI INDEPENDENCE LEES SUMMIT MARKET UPDATE
Weekly KC Metro Market Update
All three of the major cities in Jackson County, Missouri share the commonality of homes with reduced prices and those coming back to market exceeding new listings this week. Add the new listings and those same list value reductions along with those coming back to market and we see inventories doubling week to week in very short period of time.
For Buyers frustrated by the pace and prices this past spring and summer, and for Sellers who were worried about where to go when they sell their home, this is a great time to make the move for all.
Buyers strike while higher inventory numbers intersect with rising interest rates. Less competition will enable you to get your offer accepted.
Sellers, get to market and let’s get your home sold while there are many options available to you for your purchase!
Kcparent.com brings to us….
- Famous People: Walt Disney got his start working for the Kansas City Star and he started Laugh-O-Gram Studios in Kansas City, where he and Kansas Citian Ub Iwerks created many beloved cartoon characters including Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Kate Spade, the renowned fashion designer, is a Kansas City girl and St. Teresa’s Academy alum. Don Cheadle of Oceans 11 grew up in Kansas City.
- Famous Food: Kansas City is best known for its specific style of sweet, tangy barbecue.
- Famous Fact: Kansas City boasts more fountains than any other city but Rome and, with its beautiful boulevards and architecture, is known as the “Paris of the Plains.”
- World Record: On Sept. 29, 2014, Kansas City Chiefs fans set a Guinness world record for loudest crowd at an outdoor stadium by creating 142.2 decibels worth of noise.
- Architectural Icon: The Country Club Plaza, opened in 1922 by J.C. Nichols, is the nation’s first shopping center. The Plaza Art Fair and Christmas lights are two seasonal traditions enjoyed by generations of Kansas Citians.
If you’ve got questions regarding the impact of the shift on your search or the value of your home, we’ve got answers!